Sunday, May 1, 2011

CRAT

A friend of mine was talking about Oprah the other day at the park. Apparently Oprah was quizzing Chris Rock about what grade he would get as a parent. It got me thinking... how would my kids grade me?



Here is what I came up with...

Love: A++
I honestly didn't know I was capable of feeling the type of love I have for my babies. It is the most incredible kind of love.

Worry: A++
For someone who used to get 8 hours of sleep EVERY night, I don't know how I even function. Between them waking me up for whatever reason and me tip toeing in every few hours to make sure they are still breathing, I hardly sleep at all.  It is no wonder I can't connect my thoughts, I lose everything and do lame brained things like find my keys in the microwave. I would typically blame something like this on Punks except she can't reach the microwave. huh.

FUN: A+
Although it is not all fun and games we do have a good time.  Mommy wears potty seats as hats, we feed ducks, swim, go to the park, chase the dog in the house watch him slide across the floor and fall apart in giggles, swim, play dress up, sing, dance, use beds as trampolines, you know... whatever moms do.   

Role Model: A- 
Children never listen to what you say, but they always mimic what you do. I believe I am a good role model for my kids... until something like this happens...

"MAMA MEE WANT BEBE PLEASSSS" at least we have the manners down
No, you have to many already. Play with what you have  
scream. punch. spin. spin. spin. fall down. "crat"
huh.
note to self: stop cursing  

Discipline: B
We are working on sharing. We are working on tantrums. We are working on hitting. We are working on sass mouth. We are working on launching things at little sister's head. My family used to joke that I would have my kids lined up like soldiers. Soooo didn't happen that way.

Patience: B
I think I do pretty well with this considering...
This was our morning: 
"Punks, don't throw stuff in your sister's play yard"
tosses in a microphone
sit in time out
"don't throw things in the play yard." waving the microphone at her 
tosses in a rattle.
sit in time out
"NO MAMA!"
"don't tell mama no"
sticks out her tongue 
sit in time out
breaks off a toy from the walker. tosses it in play yard
sit in time out 
did you break this? "yeah"
"don't throw things in your sister's play yard"
tosses in a bebe doll
repeat. repeat. repeat. 

...and then there is the morning ritual of getting dressed

Domestic: C-
Cook? does microwaving count? Bake? nope. Sew? nope. Iron? dry cleaners. Clean? only cause I have to.  I was invited to play Bunko the other day. I had to call my mom and ask her what the heck Bunko even was...   Can I pick up some extra credit somewhere else?

So, I am gonna give myself an overall B+.  Mathematically incorrect, but it seems to me that Love and Fun carry a heavier weight than the rest. I could do without the constant worry, but I think that comes with the package.

Is it 5:00 yet?
~SOS~

No comments:

Post a Comment