Thursday, January 27, 2011

UM, WOW

I just got my car back from the shop. It has been there for a month. Damn Texas roads are dark at night. The exit ramps should be lit up with some kind of reflectors. or a sign. a street lamp. something. A tree jumped out of nowhere. Nobody was hurt. The dog, a little shocked. Didn't much like the taste of dashboard. or windshield. However, the tree seriously liked the taste of my car. Grabbed a huge bite of the front quarter panel and drive shaft. and the license plate. yum. 13k dinner for tree. My perfect driving record now has a big red slash. blinking red lights: warning!
But this is not my story.


My baby sister is getting married in a few months and I went to the party store to get the decorations for her lingerie shower and bachelorette outing. Ohhh la laa. I walk out of the store in a good mood. oooo-eeee,  this is gonna be good.  

Holy. What the eff? MY CAR!?!?! There is a huge scratch along the passenger side. Seems a red car danced with my car and then took off. Asshole. Someone is gonna hear about this!

Hello!? non-emergency police? yes, someone hit my car and took off. I give the lady on the other end of the phone the gory details of how my newly painted car is in ruins. She assures me that someone is being dispatched as we speak directly to the scene of the crime. Thank you very much I say completely satisfied with myself. This situation is getting handled. I am, however annoyed pissed the car will be going back to the shop. grrrrrr

then .... ohhh shit. wait! um, ma'am....  ummm. wrong car. sorry. eeekkk!

I can feel the roll of her eyes as she hangs up on me. I look at the ground, pretend she is still there and say thank you, goodbye. There are a few people watching my tantrum and at this point I am not sure what to do. So, I gesture at the scratched door and mumble, "that sucks".  Then, I pull my baseball cap down over my eyes and haul my dumb ass across the parking lot to MY still beautiful, newly painted, non-scratched car.

Guess I wont be going back to that side of town again... EVER.
~SOS~

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god that was so funny! I mean I feel bad for you...kinda...but really really funny.

    ReplyDelete