Monday, May 2, 2011

POWER MOBILITY

While watching late night tv last night there was a commercial that caught my attention. I sat straight up in bed. Eyes glued to the tv.

"Imagine going where you want..." 
really? that would be nice. ummm... to the mall? to paint my toes?  to a book store? can I get a coffee and sit down somewhere besides the children's section and read for a while?

"when you want..."
what about naps and bedtimes? feedings and snacks? I am not sure....  I'm not particularly fond of meltdowns.

"independently..."
stop. by myself? without one strapped to my front and the other hanging off my back or out of the cart grabbing at everything.  who will I talk to?  I am not sure if I know how to do by myself anymore.

"If you feel your limited mobility is keeping you from living life the way you want, then here's good news..."

uh huh, uh huh..... great! lets hear it!
a chair?

well, it is motorized....

hmmmmmm........

I could roll through the house.  No more puncture wounds to my feet from make believe food and puzzle pieces. No more tripping over balls and dolls left out in the floor. No more bruises from walkers, miniature tables, chairs and stools. I could bulldoze through it all.  My legs could be bruise and scrape free. My feet cut free.

wow.

I could have power mobility.
~SOS~

No comments:

Post a Comment