Friday, June 3, 2011

PINK UNICORN

Okay, so I said I wouldn't do it, but I did. I joined the MOMS CLUB.  I know, I know, but I thought maybe I could meet some friends. I haven't gone to a meeting or anything yet, but I have met a few of them out around town.

So, yesterday I received an email about donating childrens clothes to an orphanage. As I am gathering clothes, Punks is following me around asking "me watch mini mouse in mama's bed" after about the 35th time of telling her no I told her she would sit in time out if she asked again. So, for the next hour she sat in time out again and again and again. She would ask and then sit in time out. repeat. repeat. repeat. Between time outs and asking for mini mouse she was also asking to donate her pink unicorn to the babies. I told her while that was thoughtful, we were just donating clothes this time. She insisted. I said no. she asked again and again and again.  I felt like I was in groundhog day.

okay, all the clothes in a bag. ready for pick up. whew.

fast forward a few hours

"mama, me need pink ewww-ni"

umm, okay where did you put it?
"I dunno" okaaayyyyy......
for the next few minutes we looked everywhere and then it dawned on me....

"punks. did you give pink ewww-ni to the babies?"
"YEP" she announced proudly

awesome.

now, I have to get on the phone and call a woman I have spent about 30 seconds with and tell her while we were happy to donate, we are actually going to need the pink unicorn back.  I am really sorry. so, can I drop over in oh, say 10 minutes?

I tuck Punks into bed with pink ewww-ni that night and she says, "mama, me no wanna watch mini mouse in mama's bed. me go nigh night now"



um, yes please
~SOS~

1 comment: