Thursday, February 24, 2011

MOVING ON

A screaming cry from Little K wrenched me from sleep this morning. After I tucked my heart back into my chest I checked the clock. 3:38am. awesome.

Of course Little K ate and went right back to sleep. I was wide awake so I started to pack. We have been in Texas for a few months, coming from LA and are finally headed out to Florida next week. While it has been a fabulous adventure shacking up with my parents, we must say goodbye. There are a few new claw prints in their hardwood, scribbles on the wall and stains on the couch. We even managed to take down the whole house with the flu passed on from one germy Punks. All of this to say thank you. We are a family that gives.

booties to save the hardwood

I was thrilled to get out of the city of nuts where so many strive for such perfection that they loose the sense of who they really are.  Hollywood is no role model yet everyone wants to be part of the hype. All of this while the homeless guy on the corner jumps out and scares you every time you pass by.  Don't get me wrong, it was much fun in the beginning, but once I had kids, I realized just how shallow the pool really was.

That being said...

I am sure Florida will bring a whole new adventure. When I scrolled the website for our new community, I came across a list of social groups you could take part in. While I might be tempted to be part of the book club, garden club, rotary, bunko club ... um never mind, I have never really been a "club" sort of girl. Oh wait, maybe the Moms Club? Consisting of "a special group of women and children that coordinate play dates and activities to fill our days with a little less stress and a little more fun!"
The International MOMS Club® is an international non-profit organization aimed at providing support for mothers who have chosen to stay home and raise their children. They also have some members that work part-time. Founded in 2002, the MOMS Club® includes member moms of varying ages, with kids ranging from newborns up to school aged.
really?

So, off we are on our new adventure. Thank goodness for my husband. While I have always been independent, I can't imagine the road now without him.  I have high hopes for Florida. A place we will raise our kids and live happily ever after. Maybe without some of the featured social groups.

Kinda like the the booger Punks dug out of her nose this morning and wiped on my leg.  "ahhhh, boogie mama me" Life consists of the good, the bad, the boogie. 

Although I am hoping...

we have made a few friends who can vouch for us before they realize I blogged about them prematurely...

... just in case I do decide to join a featured social group
~SOS~

1 comment:

  1. I only wished you'all would of called when you were passin through:( None the less I wish you and your beautiful family the best.xoxoxo Jeannie

    ReplyDelete