Friday, July 27, 2018

Live Baby Girl

OH. It's been forever. So long since she went to heaven. So long since she hugged me. So long since she looked at me and said "I love you, baby girl".

WTF happened?! Cancer? She was the epitome of health. She would put you to shame.
You have to move forward they say. You will heal they say. Uh huh. ok.

Tonight I chopped up one of my mom's favorite shirts. My baby came to me and wanted to wear it, but it was a bit too big. So we cut and cut and I felt like I was cutting into my world. The past world. The world when she was alive and well. And now here I am in this new world. It's a before and after sort of thing.

And while my heart is still shattered, I sit here on my couch with my family, watching shark week, I couldn't ask for anything more. Except maybe one more hug from her.

I know/hear her saying. Live Baby Girl.
#rockchalk