Sunday, January 30, 2011

NOURISHMENT

What up with Diet Coke drinkers? They are obsessive and crazy and their need for Diet Coke is like a heroin addiction. When guests, friends, my mother-in-law, anyone really, comes over to my house they are appalled that I do not have the silver cans in my frig. What, no Diet Coke? Why can I not understand the goodness of that sweet caramel bubble river? What I do understand is Diet Coke will take the ring right out of your toilet bowl. Yup, just leave it there overnight and let those cute little caramel bubbles do their magic. In the morning, viola. Clean toilet bowl.

If you are one of those crazed Diet Coke drinkers, forgive me. I just do not understand the obsession. How do you even choose which variation of the same drink you prefer?  Some days you feel like lime and other days you feel like cherry?  Or is it a loyalty thing and you only drink Diet Coke with Splenda. no exceptions. And for the love of crazy, are you really going to tell me Diet Coke Plus is good for you because it has B6, B12, zinc and magnesium? When I was growing up, I learned the difference between good food and bad food and I am pretty sure Diet Coke did not appear on the Food Pyramid. I am also pretty sure that it is best to get your vitamins from, ohhh, I don't know, food? Maybe you could have some whole grain cigarettes with your vitamin rich Diet Coke. Some antioxidant beer on Friday night. Pair up your serotonin wine with some cholesterol lowering sausage links.
No thank you Diet Coke, I prefer to get my vitamins from Trader Joe's Chocolate Powerberries.
~SOS~

No comments:

Post a Comment